For a weighted average calculation, please enter the grades below.
Do not worry! Correct your report card as well, simply by adding a mark - what if you do.
How to use this average calculator
- Enter the mark and then its weight to the next field.
- Click ADD MARK button to add another mark.
- Repeat points 1. and 2., until you have all the grades entered.
- Press the CALCULATE button.
- If you want to calculate basic average, set the weight everywhere the same.
What Wikipedia thinks about weighted average?
The weighted arithmetic mean is similar to an ordinary arithmetic mean (the most common type of average), except that instead of each of the data points contributing equally to the final average, some data points contribute more than others. The notion of weighted mean plays a role in descriptive statistics and also occurs in a more general form in several other areas of mathematics. Read more.
How to Calculate Weighted Average?
On the internet you can find a lot of complicated instructions on how to calculate the weighted average... We are here to show you a simpler solution! The procedure is simple! Multiply each mark by its weight, then add it to sum and at the end divide the sum by the total of the weights.
Are you from Czech Republic?
Then check out our calculator www.prumer-znamek.cz in Czech language.